Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

Christian Kurz wrote:

  >I sent this email to debian-devel, bugscan, debian-qa, debian-qa-private
  >and debian-private to reach as many maintainers as possible.

A bit over the top!  I have trimmed the reply list.
  >> Package: libpgsql2 (main)
  >> Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
  >>   46690  pgl seg faults
  >
  >Can this just be solved by changing the dependancies?

Yes, I uploaded a new package, but my Gpg key doesn't yet seem to have made it
into the keyring, so it got rejected. :-(

  >>   49141  PHP3 postgres causes apache segfault
  >
  >Did they find on the postgres-ml a solution for this problem?

Yes; it is a bug in PostgreSQL's multi-byte encoding.  There is a fix in
6.5.3-2, which will be uploaded soon, subject to resolution of the key
problem.

  >> Package: postgresql (main)
  >> Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
  >>   48340  postgresql: Doesn't build on Alpha
  >
  >Lots of work to get it fixed, so please could someone from the QA-Team
  >take a look at this issue?

I'm surprised it still doesn't build; I thought the fixes were in

  >>   49580  postgresql: upgrade broken
  >
  >Can someone provide more information about this bug, to find a good
  >solution for it?

The bug reporter cannot give any further information; therefore I will
close it unless I get more data.

  >>   50388  Backend close client-server channel unexpectedly
  >
  >Is the new version release and the bug closed?

This will be fixed in my next release.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made