RE: Debian 2.1 updates on CD image?

This is just a quick note, and may be even incorrect,
I haven't been following that closely.

There are several ways to get current snapshot images:

- commercial vendors will do it (for USD 7-10 per CD + p&p)

- you can have local mirror and create image yourself with
  a tool like YACS, usage experience available in
   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-cd-9909/msg00024.html
  but this might not work on non-Debian systems

- since you only need correct structure of the mirror and
  the files you are interested you can burn partial mirror
  (this is easiest to do if you can identify sections that
  together fit on one CD)

- you can use the Pseudo-Image Kit v2.0 which should work
  on any Unix or even Windows machine (it uses rsync)

>From available info (I have not used it myself) I'd recommend
the last option, it is also recommended by http://cdimage.debian.org/
for situation like yours.

Since you are from Nokia this could be arranged from Nokia
internal mirror, but this discussion will be on private email.

t.aa

Kim Sandström <kim.sandstrom@nokia.com> Fri, October 01, 1999 1:56 PM