Re: Release critical bugs and QA

On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 04:12:17PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

> This thread sucks in a very special way.  Instead of *doing* QA it
> is discussed about not very important meeting techniques.

Hehe - I did not put very much time into this thread. There was very little
discussion. I don't think it makes a difference.

> Personally I'm not a friend of the famous bug squashing parties
> on IRC since I cannot fix problems when I need to answer thousand
> questions on IRC.  I would appreciate if we would work on things
> instead of discussing IRC meetings.

The problem is not fixing the bugs. Often the problem is really how to handle
the bug. For example when Shorty and I were fixing the Bugs of ppp we often
had to discuss if it actually is a bug, if it still applies, and so on.
Finally the bug has to be assigned to somebody who takes care of it.

cu
    Torsten