Re: [PROPOSAL] Official QA-Section on Debian-Homepage?

On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 03:02:31PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I believe this is a good idea in general.  QA should be more emphasized
> and should be more present at our web pages.  However, its presence at
> the web is useless if it won't be worked on and won't be updated.  Thus
> at least static information like our "rules" and members should be there.

Once we make the so called rules ;)

> So my main concern is, what updatable (sp?) information to you/we want to
> place on the web and who will be responsible for them.

I know HTML, and have edited/translated some Debian web pages before.
It is very easy.

> Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > As the quality assurance slowly gains speed I think we should make a "real"
> > section for it on our homepage and make a link there. Currently there are some
> > resources for QA but this is only known to few people.
> >
> > For example there is a list of bugs older than 2 years (sic!) generated and
> > maintained by Anthony Towns on www.debian.org/~ajt. It would be better to have
> > this on our mirrors also. Also the release critical bugs (when we get to the
> > potato release) and thinks like that could be moved there.
>
> These can be done easily.  Since nobody objected yet, would you like to
> talk to Gecko about this and tell us what he thinks?

Once we get the space, we can just link to the already existing pages.
It would be a good idea to set up mirroring of rel-crit buglist to
va (thus to the rest of the world). I think it won't be such a problem
to gecko, since he already does something similar with the WNPP page.

> > Would it be possible to create a "qa"-group at least on va and have a
> > QA-directory hooked directly into the main html tree? This way the core
> > members of qa all could update the info available there. If we all contribute
> > only a tiny amount of work each day this would sum up fast I hope.

Ask debian-admin for the creation of the group.