Re: QA responsible for help in fixing bugs?

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > Just another thought about qa: Should we make it the official address
> > > to send help requests from developers? I did not see many of this on
> > > -devel so I think it would be a good thing because
> >
> > Maybe this isn't a bad idea, as your goal is to improve the quality of
> > Debian and this also means fixing bugs. So if a developer needs help to
> > fix a bug, he should write a mail with the problem to QA and then we
> > help him to fix the bug as this improves the quality. So I would say
> > yes, but then we should introduce a special tag in the subject for such
> > a email so that you see the difference to other emails on the list.

> The people working on QA are nothing better than the others on -devel.
> Most of them are also reading -devel.  Even from this pov it doesn't
> make much sense.

I don't understand the people from QA to be better, but I think that if
a developer needs help to fix a bug and sends an email to debian-devel
the chance of answer seems less than if he would write to debian-qa. I
think so, because the QA Team tries to improve the quality, which also
means bugfixing, and understands better the importance of this problem.
On debian-devel is more traffic and so the chancen for an answer are in
my opionion less than here. That's why I think it isn't a bad idea, but
I'm not sure how good.

Cheers
       Christian
--
Preserve Wildlife!  Throw a party today!
/* http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/                       Christian Kurz  */