Re: RFC: Debian Quality Assurance Group

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 01:26:57PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > If it is neccessary to make all this official policy, lets go to
> > debian-policy list and vote for including this text in policy.
>
> This does not belong in policy. Policy concerns building packages, you don't
> see the constitution or the policy group policy or anything in there.

Notice the IF at the beginning of the sentence. :)

But, the QA group cannot be self-proclaimed, and set its own limits,
so this (or any kind of decision that comes out of this) will have to
become official somehow before we start doing things like described
in the text.

For example, I currently have no right to do anything although I'm
supposed to be a QA Group member. If I upload a NMU of some package
500 days after submitting a bug, there is no law that would protect
me from the possibly angry maintainer, except maybe common sense or
sympathy of other developers. So I certainly don't want to get in
that kind of situation. That would change if the text got approved
by the community.

BTW don't you have any objections of proposals regarding contents
of the text?