Re: Closing libc4 related bugs.

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 01:41:58AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Is somebody working on this?  Does somebody else than you want to achive
> this?  I mean, what are archived bugs worth which were in distributions
> from ages ago?  Distribs that we don't support anymore, that we don't
> run anymore, that we have withdrawn ourselves for good reason, that we
> discourage to use - and bugs that are not present in new versions of
> the relevant packages.

I think there is some value in keeping the full logs for closed bug
reports (where the bug has been fixed), in case this information is needed
in the future. Would it use a lot of disk space? I suspect not but I am
guessing.

In the case of libc4, these bugs were closed because the package is
no longer maintained. I think there may be value in keeping these bug
reports, because that functionality no longer exists in Debian (but could
be revived in the future).

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.