Re: Debian QA Policy Draft

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 09:53:01PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Maintainers:
> > ------------
> >   How much work is expected from the maintainers?
>
> Can we refrain from formalising this too much? Personally, I quite like the
> way this works at the moment -- if there's a buggy package that you can fix,
> you can send a patch to the maintainer who'll get around to it when s/he
> feels like, or you can ask if the maintainer minds if you do an NMU. I've
> fixed a few bugs like this, and one of these has always worked.

Basically yes, but new people have to be guided and advised.
This is what was the intention of this mailings.  From the
reaction I've seen the QA team is less dead than many people
thought which is good.  However it should be more active, imho.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation