Re: Debian QA Policy Draft

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 09:53:01PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>   Re-upload the known orphaned packages with the 'Maintainer' field
>   set to: "Orphaned Package <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>"

I've seen only 'Debian QA Group' (and variations) in Maintainer: fields
so far - isn't that more suitable? Users will be scared to use packages
like that, and we'll have less chances to get some new maintainer for
them.

BTW what can we do with maintainers who can't be reached by e-mails,
and their packages need attention? How can we know that they will/won't
be mad about NMUs, how can we know what is the limit-line of number
of non-release-critical bugs when NMUs become a neccessity to keep the
package in shape?

I wouldn't like 'publishing' these maintainers/packages on debian-devel,
not even in debian-private. Creating a 'black list' of 'non-caring'
maintainers is not acceptable.

There is a solution, maybe, in creating minilist (say, tc@debian.org) for
the members of Technical Comittee, where a developer can discretely approach
when in doubt about delicate matters? I understand that noone likes bosses
(neither do I), but really, we have to have a body that can take control
when things get out of hands.