Re: bugsquash NMU of base-files

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 02:54:26PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

Ah, I was confusing the install announcements with the upload
announcements.  I found it.

> > Do you intend to incorporate the changes I made in my NMU or should I just
> > forget about them?
>
> I incorporated many of them in 2.1.13. Thank you.
>
> You should probably forget about the others.

Which ones did you discard?  All of my changes were meritorious.

> I welcome NMUs for fixing
> grave bugs like the one base-files had this weekend, but they have to
> follow the guidelines: You *have* to contact the maintainer by email no
> matter how urgent the bug may be ("I'm going to upload this if you don't
> answer this email before next dinstall run" is enough for me),

I told you, for the purposes of the BugSquash, the prior notice requirement
was waived by the Project Leader and the Release Manager.  If you have a
problem with that, take it up with them, not me.

> and you
> don't have to make any other extra change other than the rc-bug you intend
> to fix.

I did you a favor by correcting other problems in your package.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     The first thing the communists do when
Debian GNU/Linux               |     they take over a country is to outlaw