Re: hwtools package

On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 12:27:08PM +0100, Mats Johansson wrote:
> I just played with irqtune and disoverad that teh files irqtune_mod.o
> and irqtune_npr.o are missing in the debian package. Laso there was an
> error that i cant figure out why it come up.

I've been looking at taking over the hwtools package.  [Originally, I
was going to be taking it over, but it's a collection of old packages
with a variety of debian specific patches which makes an organized
approach difficult.  Also, it's features are rather hardware specific
which means that testing would have to be spread out over a lot of
machines.]

However, I've said that I'd tackle it, and even though I'm uncomfortable
with the package I feel I should follow through.

As a start, could you tell me a bit about how to reproduce the problem
you're running into (why you'd want those files?).

Thanks,

--
Raul