Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-12-01 Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> > > Timshel asked for more info and it seems he did not get any replies. I would
> > > say it is a bug in the windowmanager and/or the x server...
> >
> > May I then suggest closing this bug report. Or has someone seen this bug
> > too and can debug it?

> No!

> I reported this bug, and it still occurs...

It's bad to here, that the bug is still there.

> In fact i didn't receive the Timshel e-mail because there is an error in
> the From: header in my bugreport (a bug/feature in reportbug i should report
> oneday)
> But i just scan the bug webpage and saw his mail.

And what do learn from it? Don't trust the reporting software. ;) But
thanks to you for checking the webpage and sending out more information.

> So i use XF86_SVGA, and this is this server that eats all the memory.
> I don't think it's a window-manager bug because it's appear both with
> sawmill and IceWM, but i tried with twm too and it doesn't eat memory
> but it doesn't scan anything, so it maybe a gnome bug...

Hm, looks like a gnome-bug. Did you use the gnome-version of icewm? If
so, I think, this is a bug in the gnome-program and not xfree86. Could
someone try to examine (strace) the bug, to see what's happening?

> Sorry for the adress problem, this one is correct

Alright, you also noted the wrong email-adress and fixed it now. There
are people who don't notice this and this worse.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *