Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-11-27 Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
>   >
>   >I sent this email to debian-devel, bugscan, debian-qa, debian-qa-private
>   >and debian-private to reach as many maintainers as possible.
>
> A bit over the top!  I have trimmed the reply list.

Thanks, I forgot to add a Mail-Followup-To-Header.

>   >> Package: libpgsql2 (main)
>   >> Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
>   >>   46690  pgl seg faults
>   >
>   >Can this just be solved by changing the dependancies?

> Yes, I uploaded a new package, but my Gpg key doesn't yet seem to have made it
> into the keyring, so it got rejected. :-(

Could you maybe sign it with your pgp-key or don't you have this one
around?

>   >>   49141  PHP3 postgres causes apache segfault
>   >
>   >Did they find on the postgres-ml a solution for this problem?
>
> Yes; it is a bug in PostgreSQL's multi-byte encoding.  There is a fix in
> 6.5.3-2, which will be uploaded soon, subject to resolution of the key
> problem.

It's not so good to hear, that this is a bug. But it's good to here that
they have a solution for it.

>   >> Package: postgresql (main)
>   >> Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
>   >>   48340  postgresql: Doesn't build on Alpha
>   >
>   >Lots of work to get it fixed, so please could someone from the QA-Team
>   >take a look at this issue?
>
> I'm surprised it still doesn't build; I thought the fixes were in

Maybe some just needs to check and then close the bug?

>   >>   49580  postgresql: upgrade broken
>   >
>   >Can someone provide more information about this bug, to find a good
>   >solution for it?
>
> The bug reporter cannot give any further information; therefore I will
> close it unless I get more data.

Also a possible solution.

>   >>   50388  Backend close client-server channel unexpectedly
>   >
>   >Is the new version release and the bug closed?

> This will be fixed in my next release.

Great News and th@nks for your work.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *