Re: Intent to upgrade bash and readline

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 07:52:16PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> I personally think it should have been done long ago. (#34077)
>
> BTW someone should go through the bug list for bash and clean it up.

Matthias did great work. I have the new bash package compiled and will
try if an upgrade from slink goes well. I will also try to upgrade a potato
machine with it and find a solution for that /bin/sh problem.

I think we should perhaps wait some days longer before finally uploading it
but an announcement to -devel(-announce) referencing a download location
might give the new bash a better testing before prime time.

cu
    Torsten