Comments on Debian Quality Assurance

I'm reading your page (http://www.debian.org/distrib/) about QA in
Debian
and was very excited reading the title Quality Assurance for I am an
enthusiast of Quality culture. I think it's a great thing for GNU
Software.

Anyway, I would like to point out that all the activities you mention
there
(check ...) are about Quality Control, not Assurance.
It's not my intention to teach you the difference - I have nothing to
teach -
but the difference is big.
I'm very interested, for example, to know your QA reference model (ISO
9001 i.e.),
how do you plan design control and, why not, if you are going to develop
and publish a GNU/Debian QA Manual.
I think your WWW page should specify deeper the activities and documents
about
Quality Assurance or you should change the title to "Quality Control".

Last but not least: is there a mailing list about this topic?

Thank you and best regards.

--

Giovanni Biscuolo
TEKNO-FIN - Via Archimede 43 - 20041 Agrate Brianza - Milano

P.S.: I've been working as QA Manager and IT Manager since 1992
for little manufacturing companies. I'm Quality Auditor since ...
October! :-)))