Shouldn't yagirc be removed?

Hi Ole, *,

I know there are a few upstream bugs in yagirc and another release critical
bug against the current package. As I wanted to fix that I went to the
yagirc homepage recorded at freshmeat and found the following:

    05.09.99

   OK, so it's been 6 months since the last update. Here's the scoop.
   yagIRC is dead. The plan had been to have Chad take over yagIRC's
   development and have Ben carry on with GnomeIRC. Well, I haven't heard
   from either of them in a while and I have no clue what their up to. As
   for myself, I've stopped working on yagIRC for a number of reasons.

Therefore I ask why yagirc shouldn't be removed from the archive?

Thanks
    Torsten