Re: Debian 2.1 updates on CD image?

Kim Sandström wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently use Redhat. As I'd like to introduce my brother to Linux I
> thought he could try Debian. It turned out to be more complicated than I thought.
> I burned the two official Debian CDs (2.1r3). As I understand they are based on
> kernel 2.0.x. - that's to old for me. So I thought I need an updates CD or extras

It only boots with that kernel and installs it.  You are free to
switch to a different kernel once your system is running.  Also
included is a 2.2.5 kernel ready for installation.  When switching
to 2.2.x please take a look at the kernel upgrade page at
http://www.debian.org/ (sorry, url not handy).

Regards,

	Joey

--