Debian membership (with a twist)

Hi,

I know this has been a topic recently, but I really wonder how long it
takes to get a membership. Is it something that can be estimated at
least? I didn't receive any reply to the email I sent to the new
maintainers alias, not even one automatic one giving an idea of the
timeframe.

Now, what is funny is that I was a member of Debian until 1997, when I
left France. If you look at the list of packages that are orphaned and
that Debian QA wants an owner for, there are two I authored, and would
get back (psptools and ppd-gs). But when? Can the fact that I was a
Debian developer once help me to make the process faster? That would be
really nice...

Thanks,
Yves.