Re: Quality Assurance in Debian

Le Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 04:30:45PM +0000, David Coe écrivait:
> Let's do it.  How can I help?  I agree we shouldn't have to vote on this;

Actually what I need is a much better main page for the QA web site :
http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/qa/

I need a text explaining how people can work for debian-qa. Basically it
should explain :
- subscribe to debian-qa
- choose a task on the web site
- update the website with a simple command to the bot
  "I take <task_num>"
  This way we know that someone is working on it
- work on the task, once the job has been done, mark the task
  as "patch available". Command to send to the bot :
  "patch <task_num>"
- grab another task and start again. :)

I'd like to have a little text explaining what we expect from maintainers.
A text describing the job of a "good" maintainer. This is something that
we don't have (the developers reference is much more about technical
considerations). It could say things like :
- take contact with the upstream author
- cooperate with the upstream author
- always respond to a bug report, everybody must be able to know what you
  plans to do with this bug report
- correct bug reports rapidly if possible (ask help upstream if needed)
- always follow the latest policy
- do what is needed to correct /rapidly/ release critical bugs
- orphan the package as soon as you can't do everything mentionned
  above

I need also a more complete documentation of the bots. One bot is for
the committee or the other bot if for everybody. Here are the command
recognized by this bot :
----
patch <task-id> [{yes|no|true|false|1|0}]
reassign <task-id> <package>
description <task-id> The new description
submit-date <task-id> YYYY-MM-DD
patch-date <task-id> YYYY-MM-DD
done <task-id> [{yes|no|true|false|0|1}]
i take <task-id>
taken by <task-id> Firstname Name <login@home.com>
never-ending <task-id> [{yes|no|true|false|1|0}]
progress <task-id> <an integer between 0 and 100>
priority <task-id> <an integer>
bugs <task-id> <bug number 1> <bug number 2> ...
meta-task <task-id> <task-id of the meta-task>
help needed for <package> [{yes|no|true|false|1|0}]
orphan <package> [{yes|no|true|false|1|0}]
long description <task-id> <<EOF
This is a long
      description.
EOF
status <task-i> <<EOF
This task is mostly completed but we have
still some issues ...
EOF
thanks
end

<task-id> is an integer eventually preceded by a '#'.
<package> is the name of a package.

For the HTML ouput of the long description and of the status,
please note that an empty line will be replaced by <P> and
that the URLs will automatically be clickable.
----

> build it and they will come.  If it helps, they/we will use it, and I
> believe it will help a lot.

I hope so. :)

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>