Re: Patch for bash

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 05:13:55AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>      * postinst is a /bin/bash script instead of a /bin/sh script -- this
>        means it won't fail if for some reason there isn't a /bin/sh symlink
>        already. If there isn't a symlink (or or an actual file) it makes
>        a symlink (using the ln command. it might be better to make this
>        an executable too, to remove the (unstated) dependency on fileutils
>        (which is, however, essential))

I'm a little concerned about creating the link in the postinst, as that
part of the install (IIRC) can be delayed for various reasons. (And it
would be a Bad Thing to risk losing /bin/sh for an indefinite period of
time.) Can you put think link creation at the end of the preinst,
instead?

Mike Stone