Re: CD-Rom mounting problem

On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 10:56:28PM -0400, JS Bournival wrote:

I am sorry but this is not the forum for this kind of help. Please post any
further questions to debian-user where it belongs
(debian-user@lists.debian.org). Thanks.

> [...]
> How can it be? I installed the rest of it with this same CD-Rom and then
> this ...
>
> Thanx for your help!

It should not happen. Anyway - it seems this is a hardware problem. Probably
something is overclocked, a cable is to long or somesuch. The other
possibility is that the CD has a defect and the drive tries to long to read a
block and let the command timeout. This is very common for atapi drives.

I would try to clean the CD and try again - probably you are unable to read
the interesting part of it on Windows also but how should one test that...

cu
    Torsten