Re: Signature for QA?

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 11:41:33PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Can we ever be rid of all bugs?

> No, we can't. But we must keep trying, or Debian will not by a quality
> distro anymore.

Yes and that's the point, why I think we should make sure that the
revive of QA will suceed.

> > means ASCII To Postscript, although it is quite obvious). Santiago complains
> > that the package actually converts iso-8859-1 to postscript, rather than
> > ASCII to postscript (I don't quite understand the distinction.), and so

> For example, US ASCII is 7-bit, ISO-8859-n are 8-bit...

ACK

> > Since Santiago and I disagree, the bug (#14275) remains open. There is,
> > imho, nothing to fix. I would appreciate comments on this issue.

> Close it. Santiago is right, but there is nothing we can do but fork.

I also would say, that Santiago is right and so the report should be
closed, because we can do nothing unless someone changes the original
programm and the author accepts this.

Ciao
     Christian
--
Nobody can be as agreeable as an uninvited guest.
/* http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/                Christian Kurz */