Re: How to upload a package with maintainer debian-qa?

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 10:49:52PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 12:14:42AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >    Package: tkman
> >    Maintainer: Debian QA Group <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>
> >    [ADOPT] Adopted by Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net>
> >    2884 tkman doesn't use /var/catman
> Sorry, you got me wrong there.

Sorry. I'm actually using "ADOPT" to mean `taking responsibility for fixing
this bug', although I probably should mention that somewhere...

> I think the Maintainer should stay "Debian Quality Assurance Group".

Sounds reasonable.

> Which leads to another topic: How do I upload a package with debian-qa as
> maintainer? I think it's wrong to count it as NMU because I am one of the
> maintainers, actually... Is there a special key for QA?

Someone was talking about a policy for this ages ago, I forget who, or
what the details were. I think just leaving the maintainer as debian-qa,
and putting your own name in the changelog with a standard version
number (foo-x instead of foo-x.y), was the recommended way.

The key that debuild will choose for you is the same as the name in the
changelog.

Cheers,
aj