Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

    Stephane> On Friday 12 February 1999, at 15 h 54, the keyboard of
    Stephane> Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

    >> > jdk1.1 32548 Java doesn't work at all for me on slink [13] (=
    >> Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>)
    >>
    >> I vaguely remember someone fixing this?
    Stephane> I don't find it really fixed (it is a dpkg problem with
    Stephane> symlinks, at its root)

jdk{-dev,}_1.1.7v1a-2 should fix this but I have reports of the
symlinks not being correctly recognised byt the preinst scripts
(although I'm unable to reproduce the problem).  As you say
purge/reinstall does fix this, so I'm not willing to demand it be kept
as an important bug, though I will try & get a cleaner preinst script
working.

Wichert/Brian: can I get this into slink or isn't it worth it
(Wichert, I'm asking you as Project Leader in case Brian doesn't get
this).

--
Stephen
---