Re: Maintaining nonus (Was: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 09:32:55PM +0100, Sven Rudolph wrote:

> Things are different. The machine is owned by and runs at Technical
> University of Dresden. As does {ftp,www}.de.debian.org .
>
> We cannot give accounts to other people.

Something funny has been going on with email around here, so I don't
know if my message got sent the other day, so I'll repeat it here.

There is an offer from Linux Australia to become the primary host
for non-US if running it at TUD becomes too much work for the
maintainers.  The machine is located in Perth, Western Australia
and suffers from no export restrictions.  I don't believe having
accounts for maintainers will be a problem and hell, we can probably
scrape together enough hardware to stick in a headless box dedicated
to it.

The primary contact for this is Gary Allpike <spice@spice.net.au>
or spice, dpg or Labrat on #linuxaus on the LinPeople network
(irc.linux.org.au locally).

daniel