Re: Proposal: Reject packages that violate policy

Hi,

 Darren> On 13-Oct-98 Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> I am inclined to trust the current method of having a human
 >> actually do rejects. The afore mentioned human may, of course, use
 >> the services of lintian in deciding whether or not to reject the
 >> package; I would be inclined to support a policy violation being
 >> sufficient cause for rejection.

 Darren> I was talking with one such human in IRC today and he basicly
 Darren> said he'd get chewed out since there is no policy to reject
 Darren> packages because they break policy...

	By all means, then, we should create at least a convention
 that lintian errors are grounds for rejection. I would put it at
 least in the developers-reference, and into policy as well if that is
 deemed necessary.

	manoj
--
 QOTD: "When she hauled ass, it took three trips."