Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

[Background: I've been one of the people who have done NMUs of Galen's
compiler packages]

On Fri, May 22, 1998 at 03:06:38AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> egcc              17768  libc6 bug in mathematical functions [106]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)
> gcc               22292  CRITICAL: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre3-1 [10]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

These bugs are out of my league. I have tried to get the attention of the
folks on egcs-bugs, but failed.

> gcc               19453  altgcc still vulnerable to /tmp symlink attack. [72]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

This bug pertains to all GNU / egcs C compilers and derivatives. I've
produced what I hope to be a fix; this has been forwarded to the egcs-bugs
mailing list and I'm currently awaiting feedback. Although I haven't
verified this closely, I suspect altgcc, gcc etc. can be fixed in a similar
manner.

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would