How to improve Debian : offering help for buggy pakages

Hi,

i've just written a little perl script which generates a list of packages
ordered by the number of bugs !

This list could be used by new developers (like me) to find out a package
they could help by correcting bugs/by adopting it/etc.

You can find this list here (it's automatically updated each day) :
http://master.debian.org/~hertzog/top-buggy-packages.txt

And I decided to take over dpkg-ftp (sixth most buggy package with 81
oustanding bugs), i've already sent a mail to Klee Dienes. I'm waiting
his acknowledgment. After that i'll start by cleaning the BTS, i've
already checked the complete list of bugs, many are already fixed by
numerous NMU. Others are easy to correct.

I hope other developers will do like me. :-)

Cheers,

PS: dpkg and dpkg-dev need really much work ! They are the two first in
the list and have (together) 497 bugs...

PPS: I mailed this to debian-qa as it seems to be the right list for this.
Discussion should take place there I think. But i'm not sure.
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/