Re: Failed Maintainer Addresses

>>>>> "Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

Manoj> Hi, itimer shouyld be dropped. Nothing should be using the
Manoj> external itimer insterad of the built in timers in the emacsen
Manoj> now. VM certainly has dropped the use (itimer was written for
Manoj> VM), and I understand even mailcrypt has.

I had a hunch, though I wasn't sure about mailcrypt. My plan was
exactly to start by investigating the future of itimer. Probably
should have said so.

Manoj> 	Do you know any elisp package that uses itimer? If there is
Manoj> one, please ask the authors to use internal timers instead;
Manoj> they are more robust, and are less of a load on the system

Not that I know of. So if noone else know of any, I second that we drop
it.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Phone: +45 8628 8176       | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.tbit.dk