Re: Migration of debian-qa-private and debian-qa

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 12:05:46PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> it does not make sense to have debian-qa-private as list for communication
> between qa comittee and members as an ultra-secret cabal thing.  Thus
> qa-private is not private right now and everybody can subscribe there.

Yes. The "private" part is a misnomer, definitely.

Shorty raised that point yesterday on IRC...

> Additionally QA is nothing that needs to be done in private behind
> closed doors.

... however he said he'd rather get it closed to match the name.

Perhaps the only thing we sometimes need to do in private, is to tell people
if their package is in a bad state, because this is potentially a sensitive
issue for someone...

> Thus I propose to migrate debian-qa-private into debian-qa and
> remove debian-qa-private.

...but considering we still have ctte@qa.debian.org mail-alias to
group-contact the Committee, I agree, the -qa-private list should be
removed.