Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 05:21:45PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

> > Package: tkseti (contrib)
> > Maintainer: Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> >   48676  app hangs and brings down or logs out xdm when destroyed
>
> And also here we need some examination first to get it fixed.

One of the problems with this bug is that I can't seem to reproduce
it, nor can the upstream author. If someone can take time to delve
into the messages associated with this bug and try to reproduce the
problem, I would appreciate it.

There is a complicated interaction between tcl/tk, xfstt, fvwm and
tkseti which seemed to cause the crash reported by the user. I would
appreciate independent confirmations to identify and solve the
problem.

Thanks!!
Gopal.
Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory Fax#: (413) 545 4223
University of Massachusetts              e-mail: gopal@astro.umass.edu
Amherst MA 01003