Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

Christian Kurz writes:
 > > Package: libg++2.8.2-dev (main)
 > > Maintainer: Debian EGCS maintainers <egcs@packages.debian.org>
 > >   50048  libg++2.8.2-dev: empty package on sparc
 >
 > When will the package become removed as stated in the BTS?

There exists a bug filed against ftp.debian.org.

 > > Package: libg++272 (main)
 > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 > >   47212  [m68k] libg++272_2.7.2.8-1 build failure
 >
 > Here we need the help from the M68K-Team to find the bug and a solution
 > for it.

This is a more general issue. Currently even on i386 libg++272 does
not build with a gcc272, which was built on potato. We would need a
glibc-2.0 based build environment, I doubt this is worth the
trouble. Currently there are only the following packages dependant on
libg++272:

netscape & communicator

and optimizer (Does not compile with gcc-2.9x and egcs). The
maintainer wanted to remove this package for the slink release. But
it's still there ...

There is another not yet filed bug ... altgcc does not build from
source on potato.

 > > Package: libgcj0 (main)
 > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 > >   46062  [sparc] build fails in all-target-boehm-gc
 >
 > Who has enough time to work on this issue?

if someone tries the following: apply the gcj-backport patch to gcc,
build the libgcj from the CVS and tell me if it works ... Another
solution is to backport libgc5 to libgcj-2.95.1

 > > Package: libgcj0-dev (main)
 > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 > >   48741  depends on a non-free package
 >
 > Same issue as the one above.

try to solve with dependency to zlib-bin. next upload ...

 > > Package: libreadlineg2 (main)
 > > Maintainer: Guy Maor <maor@debian.org>
 > >   39907  lftp dumps core
 >
 > Should be not too hard to fix, so when can we expect a fixed version?

dependency is tightened in the next upload.