hwtools maintainership

Hi,

I really think you should adopt hwtools.

It is a troublesome package. It builds from different sources, some of which
are unmaintained upstream, some OTOH release frequently. It deals with
hardware, sometimes on low level. I don't even want to think how hard would
it be to maintain this package if it was decleared to work on all
architectures.

Just because it doesn't get recompiled and can't have RC bugs (consists of
many small parts so you can't ever say most of the package doesn't work :)
doesn't make it ready for release.

If it doesn't get properly maintained RSN, I'll have it removed from potato.
Partly because the QA group members really have more important things to
do than to keep getting back and fixing one package. OTOH, the package
appears to be quite used (if not usable :), so the users would surely miss
it if we just pulled it.

So, the best solution would be to have someone interested and competent
maintain it. Please take it.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name