I would like to get "imagination" flying again

building 3.4 from source (under Xubuntu Bionic) yields nothing usable.

the resulting binary runs, and appears to be partially going through the motions, however displays nothing useful, will not produce a video file (or preview), will not save the structure.

I have a present application which would benefit from being able to make MP4 video slideshows from images, which Imagination 3.0 does not do.

—
Cheers; Leon
(Albany, Western Australia)