me-tv: old package reborn?

The me-tv package was removed from Debian, and thus Ubuntu, I am assuming due
to lack of development activity: Me TV was deemed a "dead project" due to
Debian having 1.3.7 for so long, and 1.4.0 and 2.0.0 giving indications of Me
TV not being maintained.

I tried to get development activity moving to get 1.3.8 in place but it was
clear that Me TV as it was wasn't really good for packaging.

Over the last couple of years I have rewritten Me TV, now in Rust, not C++,
and got it working with GTK+3 using gtk-rs. Rather than trying to be a PVR, I
have stripped it down to be just a DVB player, using GStreamer rather than
Xine or VLC. It has an optional dependency on dvb-tools.

I am not a Debian packager, so cannot propose packaging this for Debian. This
is the Maintainer email for the last listed maintainer of the old package, so
I am emailing to ask if there would be any desire to reintroduce me-tv as a
package in Debian, and if so who would be the packager and what can I do to
help make things happen.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200