sgml-base configuration error 22 on debian/stretch/arm64

Hi,

I was trying to install a program which uses sgml-base as a dependency, and I ran into a series of errors. The error codes pointed to line 322 of /usr/sbin/update-catalog. What steps should I take to report this bug or fix this error?

root@xxxxxxx:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
45 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Setting up sgml-base (1.29) ...
cannot rename /var/lib/sgml-base/supercatalog to /var/lib/sgml-base/supercatalog.old: Invalid argument at /usr/sbin/update-catalog line 322.
dpkg: error processing package sgml-base (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 22
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of docutils-common:
 docutils-common depends on sgml-base (>= 1.28); however:
  Package sgml-base is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package docutils-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-docutils:
 python-docutils depends on docutils-common (= 0.13.1+dfsg-2); however:
  Package docutils-common is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package python-docutils (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-daemon:
 python-daemon depends on python-docutils; however:
  Package python-docutils is not configured yet.

 sgml-base
 docutils-common
 python-docutils
 python-daemon