Re: sendmail

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:34:15 +0100
Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org> wrote:

> I have noticed that sendmail is quite out of date on wheezy and there
> appears to be no backport of the recent version and jessie seems to be
> getting the same version as wheezy at the moment.
>
> Is there no maintainer for the sendmail package on debian?

Correct.

https://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sendmail.html

"This package has been orphaned. This means that it does not have a
real maintainer at the moment. Please consider adopting this package if
you are interested in it. Please see bug number #740070 for more
information."

> Is there
> someone who is 'responsible' for sendmail on debian these days?

No individual, the Debian QA Group in general, it then comes down to
whether someone wants to spend time on it. For sendmail, that does not
include me.

--

Neil Williams