RM: xresprobe -- hugely obsolete

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

Hi,
Please remove xresprobe from the archive.

It exists to fork Xorg in probe-only mode and run a series of embarrassing regexes through the log file in order to generate a xorg.conf file. Quite aside from Xorg having run without a config file for the last several years, all the drivers have changed the strings they output, so the tool is almost certainly broken now.

I only found out it was still in the archive when I went to show someone how hilarious it was, and accidentally discovered it was still in sid. Ouch.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel