Bug#448005: marked as done (qt3-examples: smalltable example doesn't allow deadkeys to start ediation)
Your message dated Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:03:14 +0000
with message-id <E1ShIgs-00078Z-Vq@franck.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#678210: Removed package(s) from unstable
has caused the Debian Bug report #448005,
regarding qt3-examples: smalltable example doesn't allow deadkeys to start ediation
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: qt3-examples: smalltable example doesn't allow deadkeys to start ediation
- From: Jiří Paleček <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:50:54 +0200
- Message-id: <op.t0qyy4vqu2flwt@localhost>
in the smalltable example, it is possible to edit the cells, and the
editation normally starts when I press a key. However, if I press a dead
key for starting editing, it doesn't work as a dead key and inserts the
symbol of the dead character (eg. acute) alone.
The problem is that the table has input method disabled while editing is
So there are two possibilities: Either, the user is responsible for
enabling input methods on editable QTables, which means the example should
probably enable it as well, or input methods should work on any Qt widget
which handles keyboard input, which means this is a bug in Qt.
This problem caused crashes previously and affects quite a lot of
software. I would like to know what is the official recommendation in this
-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 22.214.171.124-rt8 (PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=cs_CZ, LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ (charmap=ISO-8859-2) (ignored: LC_ALL
set to cs_CZ)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Versions of packages qt3-examples depends on:
ii libqt3-mt-dev 3:3.3.7-9 Qt development files
qt3-examples recommends no packages.
-- no debconf information
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#678210: Removed package(s) from unstable
- From: Debian FTP Masters <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:03:14 +0000
- Message-id: <E1ShIgs-00078Z-Vq@franck.debian.org>
as the package qt-x11-free has just been removed from the Debian archive
unstable we hereby close the associated bug reports. We are sorry
that we couldn't deal with your issue properly.
For details on the removal, please see http://bugs.debian.org/678210
The version of this package that was in Debian prior to this removal
can still be found using http://snapshot.debian.org/.
This message was generated automatically; if you believe that there is
a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing
Debian distribution maintenance software
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl (the ftpmaster behind the curtain)
--- End Message ---