Intent to upload mpdscribble to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Dear QA team,

The mpdscribble Debian package, which is orphaned, has
pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf, namely bug number 624731 (and maybe other similar bugs).

The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
and that package went on our radar.

I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a QA upload
for mpdscribble in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
for the debconf templates.

I will though investigate the package to check whether it is still OK
to keep it in the archive. If it appears to be too outdated, obsolete
or any other reason, I might call for the package removal.

The schedule for this work is roughly the following:

 Sunday, February 12, 2012   : send this notice
 Sunday, February 12, 2012       : post a update announcement to debian-i18n
 Sunday, February 19, 2012       : (midnight) deadline for receiving translation updates
 Monday, February 20, 2012       : build the package and upload it

I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for mpdscribble and
follow its life for 60 days after my upload in order to fix any issue
potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
process.