Bug#639560: symbol changes
I made the upload, so I guess I should comment on this.
On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 15:39 +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Philipp Kern <email@example.com>, 2011-08-28, 10:52:
> >The package FTBFS'es on mips, powerpc, s390, sparc and the inofficial
> >ports s390x and powerpcspe because of changes in the symbol set wrt the
> >symbols file:
> Hmm, symbols file was added in 0.7-5, even though it isn't mentioned in
> the changelog.
Yep, sorry, forgot to add that one to the changelog...
> >- spifhash_jenkinsLE@Base 0.7
> >+#MISSING: 0.7-5# spifhash_jenkinsLE@Base 0.7
> Looking at the source code spifhash_jenkinsLE is only defined on
> little-endian systems.
> >+ spiftool_regexp_match@Base 0.7-5
> >+ spiftool_regexp_match_r@Base 0.7-5
> These two OTOH are defined everywhere and I don't understand why they
> weren't included in the symbols file. Even lintian loudly complains:
> E: libast2: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol spiftool_regexp_match@Base and 1 others
Except lintian didn't complain at all when I built it in a freshly
updated chroot. These symbols are actually conditional on the presence
of some header (regex.h) from libc6-dev, so I guess my build might have
happened in a time window when there were some multi-arch related header
Anyway, I'll fix that with a new upload today.