mped_5.1.1-2_i386.changes is NEW
(new) mped_5.1.1-2.diff.gz optional editors
(new) mped_5.1.1-2.dsc optional editors
(new) mped_5.1.1-2_i386.deb optional editors
Minimum Profit, a programmer's text editor
Minimum Profit is a curses/GTK text editor for programmers.
Some of the highlights include:
* Multiple files can be edited at the same time and blocks copied
and pasted among them.
* Syntax highlighting for many popular languages / file formats: C, C++,
Perl, Shell Scripts, Ruby, Php, SQL, Python, HTML...
* Creative use of tags: tags created by the external utility _ctags_
are used to move instantaneously to functions or variables inside
your current source tree. Tags are visually highlighted (underlined),
and symbol completion can be triggered to avoid typing your own function
names over and over.
* Intelligent help system: pressing F1 over any word of a text being edited
triggers the underlying system help (calling _man_ when editing C or Shell
files, _perldoc_ with Perl, _ri_ on Ruby, _winhelp_ on MS Windows...).
* Understandable interface: drop-down menus, reasonable default key bindings.
* Configurable keys, menus and colors.
* Text templates can be easily defined / accessed.
* Multiplatform: Console/curses, GTK+ (1.2 and 2.0), MS Windows.
* Automatic indentation, word wrapping, internal _grep_, learning /
* Search and replace using plain text or regular expressions (including
a special function to replace text on all open files).
* Small memory footprint.
* Password-protected, encrypted text files (using the ARCFOUR algorithm).
* It helps you abandon vi, emacs and other six-legged freaks definitely.
* Awesome easter egg.
Changes: mped (5.1.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* QA upload.
* Build depend on libncursesw5-dev and libncurses5-dev.
* Bump Standards Version to 3.8.1. (No changes needed).
Override entries for your package:
Announcing to email@example.com
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.