Re: Compile ale with ImageMagick from experimental

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 09:05:01PM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi!
> Your package ale seems to build-depends on libmagick9-dev
> (if not then sorry for the noise).
> We have a new ImageMagick available at experimental (version
> 7: and it has some libraries renaming [1].
> Is it possible to you test the building of your package with the new
> ImageMagick libraries and see if it builds and works as expected, please?

ale FTBFS with new libmagickcore-dev because it has a hardcoded -lMagick
in the Makefile. When replacing that with -lMagickCode it builds fine.

I would prefer to replace it with Magick-config --libs but that also
includes -lMagickWand which is not really needed. Any way around that?

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/