Bug#254720: marked as done (masqmail: FTBFS on amd64: configure check for res_search/__res_search fails)
Your message dated Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:32:03 +0000
with message-id <E1JDqlf-00086G-Cn@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#254720: fixed in masqmail 0.2.21-3
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: masqmail: FTBFS on amd64: configure check for res_search/__res_search fails
- From: Andreas Jochens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:44:54 +0200
- Message-id: <E1Bacas-0005sK-9Y@localhost>
On amd64 I get the following error:
checking for res_search in -lc... no
checking for res_search in -lresolv... no
configure: error: "no libresolv"
I could fix this by replacing res_search with __res_search in configure.ac
(see attached patch) and running aclocal-1.4, automake and autoconf
diff -urN ../tmp-orig/masqmail-0.2.20/configure.ac ./configure.ac
--- ../tmp-orig/masqmail-0.2.20/configure.ac 2003-06-03 17:52:45.000000000 +0200
+++ ./configure.ac 2004-06-16 17:34:39.955615777 +0200
@@ -36,9 +36,9 @@
dnl checks necessary for libc5:
dnl if there is res_search in libc, it is probably libc5
dnl if not, it is probably libc6 and we need libresolv
- AC_CHECK_LIB(c, res_search, need_resolv=no, need_resolv=yes)
+ AC_CHECK_LIB(c, __res_search, need_resolv=no, need_resolv=yes)
if test "$need_resolv" = yes; then
- AC_CHECK_LIB(resolv, res_search,has_resolv=yes,AC_MSG_ERROR("no libresolv"))
+ AC_CHECK_LIB(resolv, __res_search,has_resolv=yes,AC_MSG_ERROR("no libresolv"))
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.6-1-k8-smp
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
masqmail, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated masqmail package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:17:10 +0100
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
masqmail - A mailer for hosts without permanent internet connection
Closes: 254720 353948 376766 390996 404359 434458
masqmail (0.2.21-3) unstable; urgency=low
* QA upload.
* Add LSB header to init.d script documenting its dependencies.
* Add dependency on update-inetd. Based on patch from Ubuntu.
* Make sure init.d script create /var/run/masqmail/ if it is
missing, to handle /var/run/ as a tmpfs (Closes: #353948, #376766,
#390996). Patch from Zak B. Elep.
* Change postinst to use new tail syntax (Closes: #404359)
* Acknowledge NMU (Closes: #254720).
* Moved debhelper compatibility level from rules to compat.
* Upgraded debhelper compatibility level from 3 to 6.
* Updated standards-version from 3.5.7 to 7.3.7. No changes needed.
* Debconf templates translations:
- Portugese by Américo Monteiro (Closes: #434458).
2585329ebdec009a09acc1fe5746cdb4 621 mail extra masqmail_0.2.21-3.dsc
e29b6c6dfabf6fecf617cb4f1a5cb85b 96702 mail extra masqmail_0.2.21-3.diff.gz
dbd4fe2428dfe1c08a1a49b1b7c31cb5 144146 mail extra masqmail_0.2.21-3_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---