Bug#416661: emacs-snapshot: Non-incremental search started by C-s RET has read-only minibufer
- To: Martin Jambor <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#416661: emacs-snapshot: Non-incremental search started by C-s RET has read-only minibufer
- From: Sven Joachim <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:20:16 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Sven Joachim <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Martin Jambor writes:
> Package: emacs-snapshot
> Version: 1:20070302-1
> Severity: normal
> Pressing enter right after the incremental-search has started
> (i.e. pressing C-s RET) is supposed to start non-incremental search
> equivalent to launching interactive function search-forward. It does
> so, but the minibuffer into which I am supposed to enter the string I
> search for is read only and so no text can be entered.
> Interestingly, when i launch the search-forward function directly, the
> minibuffer does accept text.
> This bug appeared after the last update, I definitely did not have
> this problem approx. a month ago.
This is due to the following broken change:
| 2007-03-01 Lennart Borgman <email@example.com>
| * isearch.el (isearch-message-prefix):
| Use minibuffer-prompt-properties.
It has been reverted upstream on March 6, but that won't make it into
Debian because emacs-snapshot is now orphaned. :-( Meanwhile, you can
obtain a fixed version of isearch.el at