interested in packaging texmacs

<posted & mailed>

Hi Lionel,

I am interested in packaging texmacs. According to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=404375 it is orphaned by
the previous maintainer. According to

guest@kusumanchi:~/build_texmacs$ who-uploads texmacs
Uploads for texmacs:
1:1.0.6.8-1 to experimental: Lionel Elie Mamane <lmamane@debian.org>
1:1.0.6-11 to unstable: <unrecognised public key (807CAC25)>
1:1.0.6-10 to unstable: <unrecognised public key (7C714C78)>

the previous upload was done by you. I am also CCing this message to
linux.debian.qa-packages as some of the QA members might be interested in
this.

I am in general comfortable with Debian (have been using it for about 3
years). I am somewhat comfortable with building the packages as well. I
build custom packages myself from debian sources. However I do not have
technical expertise on stuff such as guile, lisp and various other things
which are used by texmacs. I am willing to learn those things but it would
really help if you (or someone on this list) can help me out in the initial
stages.

I am also wondering if you (or someone on this list) are willing to sponsor
the packages that I build?

Once these things settle, I can add info to bug:404375 that I would like to
help/"take over" the package. In the mean time, I will try to make packages
for the latest version 1.0.6.9.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi