Bug#253812: marked as done (apt-listbugs: suggests reportbug but silently does nothing if it is not installed)
Your message dated Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:32:08 -0700
with message-id <E1GPAng-0007kx-FR@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#253812: fixed in apt-listbugs 0.0.51
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: apt-listbugs: suggests reportbug but silently does nothing if it is not installed
- From: "Ian Campbell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:30:01 +0100
- Message-id: <200406111030922.SM00399@icampbell-debian>
I spent a little time trying to figure out why one of my machines did
not do anything when I entered a bug number to examine that bug, instead
it would return directly to the prompt with no message at all. It turns
out it was because I didn't have reportbug (and hence querybts)
installed, even though it is a suggested package.
Perhaps apt-listbugs could to say something like 'querybts not found please
install the reportbug package' if querybts isn't found in the path.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (900, 'unstable'), (50, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.6
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8
Versions of packages apt-listbugs depends on:
ii apt 0.5.25 Advanced front-end for dpkg
ii dpkg-ruby 0.3.0 ruby interface for dpkg
ii libintl-gettext-ruby 0.11-5 Gettext wrapper for Ruby
ii libzlib-ruby 0.6.0+ruby1.8-7 Extension library to use zlib from
ii ruby 1.8.1-7 An interpreter of object-oriented
-- no debconf information
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
apt-listbugs, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Junichi Uekawa <email@example.com> (supplier of updated apt-listbugs package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:20:04 +0900
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Junichi Uekawa <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Junichi Uekawa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
apt-listbugs - Lists critical bugs before each apt installation
Closes: 245232 253812 284434 304471 341148 341150 341844 349469 362671 374104
apt-listbugs (0.0.51) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer. (closes: #374104)
- README.Debian, copyright: update.
* Standards-Version: 3.7.2
* Bug fix: "apt-listbugs: bad control file parsing; sends the long
description to dpkg --compare-versions", thanks to James Westby
* Bug fix: "apt-listbugs: fails with not in gzip format errors", thanks
to James Westby (Closes: #245232).
echo ../apt-listbugs_0.0.50_all.deb | /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt
* Remove absolute paths of programs from maintainer scripts.
* Bug fix: "[PATCH] grammar error in apt-listbugs", thanks to Thierry
Moisan (Closes: #341844).
* Bug fix: "apt-listbugs: suggests reportbug but silently does nothing
if it is not installed", thanks to Ian Campbell (Closes: #253812).
* Pass -q to savelog in the cron script to prevent mails being sent to
system administrator if all goes well. (Closes: #284434)
* Bug fix: "apt-listbugs: Correction for HTML output: > ->
>", thanks to Frederic Bothamy (Closes: #304471).
* Adjust Description in debian/control to have consistent line lengths.
* Remove empty debian/docs.
* Bug fix: "apt-listbugs: [manual page] list all severities in options
-t (bug type)", thanks to Jari Aalto (Closes: #349469).
* Bump Build-Depends on debhelper to 5.0.0
* fix copyright file to have the new FSF address
a37fcca5b58c67dcba9b71769ab214ab 560 admin optional apt-listbugs_0.0.51.dsc
1b1c4ade71eb239cec0c38c491baa19a 73376 admin optional apt-listbugs_0.0.51.tar.gz
fee24b94dc9d741dd34d040bc5c1da14 78426 admin optional apt-listbugs_0.0.51_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---