Bug#294081: marked as done (yaboot: ofpath improperly handles a second sata hard drive.)
Your message dated Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:49:24 -0700
with message-id <E1G11ZE-00080X-IH@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#294081: fixed in yaboot 1.3.13-7
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: yaboot: ofpath improperly handles a second sata hard drive.
- From: "Pedro I. Sanchez" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:34:55 -0500
- Message-id: <E1CyEet-0001NV-Ck@localhost.localdomain>
The following happened when trying to install Debian on an Apple
G5, on a second sata hard drive. The first sata hard drive is the
original one with OSX on it.
After successful installation of the base software, and after rebooting
the machine to boot from the hard drive, I was unable to boot into
Linux at all, only into OSX.
The conclusion was that an incorrect entry "device=xxx" in yaboot.conf
was the source of the problem. It is believed that this incorrect entry
comes from an inappropriate output from ofpath.
All glory details are well documented in the following thread of the
debian-powerpc mailing list.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.8-power4
Locale: LANG=en_CA, LC_CTYPE=en_CA (charmap=ISO-8859-1)
Versions of packages yaboot depends on:
ii libc6 2.3.2.ds1-20 GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
-- no debconf information
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#294081: fixed in yaboot 1.3.13-7
- From: Aurélien GÉRÔME <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:49:24 -0700
- Message-id: <E1G11ZE-00080X-IH@spohr.debian.org>
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
yaboot, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
AurÃ©lien GÃ?RÃ?ME <email@example.com> (supplier of updated yaboot package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:57:07 +0200
Architecture: source powerpc
Maintainer: Debootloaders Yaboot Maintainers Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: AurÃ©lien GÃ?RÃ?ME <firstname.lastname@example.org>
yaboot - Yet Another Bootloader
Closes: 233810 261488 288008 294081 336993 354974 375680 377839
yaboot (1.3.13-7) unstable; urgency=high
* Adopt the package (closes: #354974).
* Reviewing Fedora and Ubuntu patches (closes: #375680).
* Remove a duplicity in debian/README.Debian the previous upload
* Change section/priority from base/important to admin/important
to suppress override disparities shown by the PTS.
* Fix booting with initramfs from XFS (closes: #336993).
* Fix to recognise RAID filesystems (closes: #233810).
* Fix booting on Apple G5 second SATA harddisk (closes: #294081).
* Fix booting on Firewire harddisk (closes: #288008).
* Update to the latest Standards-Version.
* Fix build system to really compile from Debian maintained source
* Add German translation of yaboot.8 manpage (closes: #261488).
d823104603ff43180ef7475a1143e9d3 711 admin important yaboot_1.3.13-7.dsc
878626d606872c3f367d06de576de78f 13353 admin important yaboot_1.3.13-7.diff.gz
8c2a6d71ce602e7db54594f221bb580e 189792 admin important yaboot_1.3.13-7_powerpc.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---