Re: fv in debian

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 03:06:14PM +0000, C?sar Enrique Garc?a Dab? wrote:
>  I am using fv for viewing FITS images and FITS tables. I am using also ds9,
> but some features are best displayed with fv. Moreover I develop a library
> for users to display things either with fv or ds9, so I need both utilities,
> and if it is possible, I would like to have it packaged with Debian.
No problem; after looking at the package, it wasn't clear to me that
it was entirely obsoleted; I'll pass this message on to the QA group,
so they know it is actively used.

BTW, what features specifically?

Do/did you use saoimage?  It was recently removed from Debian
unstable, and afaict was more clearly obsoleted by ds9.

Cheers
Justin