Bug#291587: marked as done (rxvt-unicode doesn't paste primary selection from eclipse)
Your message dated Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:47:05 -0800
with message-id <E1FMS1h-0008Oq-NA@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#291587: fixed in rxvt-unicode 7.7-1
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: rxvt-unicode doesn't paste primary selection from eclipse
- From: Andrew Agno <agno@AI.SRI.COM>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:26:18 -0800
- Message-id: <20050121172618.GC7453@ai.sri.com>
I use Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org) version 3.1M4, which has support
for the usual X way of cutting and pasting. That is, after selecting
text in an Eclipse editor (using click and drag, not double click), this
text is put into XA_PRIMARY, according to the output of
% xclip -o -selection primary
After selecting text in Eclipse, I try to paste the text into a newly
created urxvt terminal, and it fails. Pasting the text works in other
terminals (like xterm, gnome-terminal, konsole).
Manually setting the primary selection using, for example:
% echo -n "hello" | xclip -i -selection primary
and pasting into the terminal works correctly. Previous versions of
Eclipse don't work because those versions didn't set the primary
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
rxvt-unicode, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Decklin Foster <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated rxvt-unicode package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:41:50 -0500
Binary: rxvt-unicode-ml rxvt-unicode rxvt-unicode-lite
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Decklin Foster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Decklin Foster <email@example.com>
rxvt-unicode - RXVT-like terminal emulator with Unicode support
rxvt-unicode-lite - RXVT-like terminal emulator with basic Unicode support
rxvt-unicode-ml - multi-lingual terminal emulator with Unicode support for X11
Closes: 246059 263123 270160 291587 294582 314977 328965 339833 342738 347434 348666 348719 351371 351872 352168 354904 355069
rxvt-unicode (7.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* (XXX CECI N'EST PAS UNE CHANGELOG)
* Adopting package. (Closes: #348719)
* The following bugs have been fixed in previous Debian revisions:
- An x-terminal-emulator alternative is provided (Closes: #314977)
- /dev/tty is now readable by default (this was actually a bug in makedev
which was not reassigned for some reason.) (Closes: #246059)
* New upstream release:
- Cleans up eaves zombie shell processes in urxvtd (Closes: #339833)
- Handling of bold "special" characters fixed (Closes: #294582)
- Setting/pasting of PRIMARY selection fixed (Closes: #328965, #291587)
- #284257, should no longer happen, but I don't have a PPC.
* Rebuild against new Xft (Closes: #352168, #351371)
* Enable Perl support in rxvt-unicode-ml.
* Switch from dpatch to quilt.
* Fix documentation of utmp/wtmp permissions (Closes: #342738)
* Add FSF address to debian/copyright.
* Remove -D from install call (breaks with Ubuntu's coreutils).
* Set resource class to URxvt and fallback class to Rxvt for all flavors.
(Closes: #263123, #270160)
* Document the fact that $TERM defaults to rxvt-unicode (not rxvt), and how
to change this with X resources. Users do not (and should not) have to
compile terminfo entries, so remove these from examples; ncurses-base
provides a proper one already. (Closes: #351872)
* Install alternative for rxvt.1.gz. (Closes: #355069)
* Specify default fontset in app-defaults. (Closes: #348666)
* Removed debian/urxvtc.1 (superseded by upstream).
* Run pod2man using the name (i.e page heading) "urxvt" rather than "rxvt".
* Added urxvtcd script to automatically start urxvtd if necessary and run
urxvtc. (Closes: #347434)
* Added watch file.
664cf29371d5f24ed0848d1251a68f3e 748 x11 optional rxvt-unicode_7.7-1.dsc
e9c7c526ae661c716115aa1ba7b1138c 1159212 x11 optional rxvt-unicode_7.7.orig.tar.gz
1bf4f5e6bf062970e5330dc035ff597c 21079 x11 optional rxvt-unicode_7.7-1.diff.gz
10d43b87d926a5c193fbf915b88ea20f 1049028 x11 optional rxvt-unicode_7.7-1_i386.deb
09873c9ae76e383c3d11513ceb9c16bb 1240194 x11 optional rxvt-unicode-ml_7.7-1_i386.deb
bbf7aa6e554d017be3f9221c0a82e807 1048304 x11 optional rxvt-unicode-lite_7.7-1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v126.96.36.199 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---